Italian Chicken Orzo Soup
- 1 tblsp oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup (7 ounce) uncooked orzo
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tblsp flour
- 1 cup frozen green beans, thawed
Cook onion and carrot in oil until onion is tender. Stir occasionally. Add chicken, orzo, italian seasoning and broth. Mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes till orzo is tender. Stir occasionally.
Blend milk and flour. Stir into soup. Add green beans. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.