Creamy Bacon Spinach Soup
- 6 slices bacon cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 9 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 6 tblsp flour
- consider adding a small pasta such as orzo
Cook bacon, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium high heat until bacon is cooked and vegetables are tender. Drain.
Add broth and spinach. Simmer 5 minutes.
Blend milk and flour in small bowl. Stir into soup. Simmer until mixture boils and thickens. Stir constantly.
Lowfat Recipe, Pillsbury Classic Cookbooks, Soups and Chilies, Feb 1998