Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Red Candied Cherries or Maraschino Cherries with juice
- 6 ounce semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
Combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In separate bowl, beat butter and sugar on low speed until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well. Gradually add dry ingredients.
Shape into 1" balls and place in miniature muffin tins. Press cherry into center of each ball.
In small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Heat just until chocolate is melted. Stir in 4 teaspoons of cherry juice if available. Spoon frosting to cover each cherry. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.